Musical Garbage Can

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Let's Get it Started!

OK, so I've decided to start this blog as a way to voice my thoughts on all the horrible music circulating the airwaves.

I'm an unpaid music writer for a newspaper in North Carolina (for the past 5 years). There's "no room" for a music column at the paper, so I'm taking it online.

Just my random thoughts on the state of music today - 5 quick thoughts to start it off.


Lindsay Lohan lip synchs.
Is anyone actually surprised by this?!? Apparently, when you get off the bus in Hollywood, they hand you recording contracts. People online are getting excited about her album being released....and I had a mild heart attack. The music today is going into the toilet, and consumers keep lapping it up.

RIP Dimebag Darrell.
"Hold your mouth for the war," and we'll all regret a Pantera reunion that will never happen. Some jackass goes into an Ohio club and shoots Darrell dead, along with three others. If you don't like heavy metal, use earplugs. You know, I once interviewed Phil Anselmo... and he was really nice. He also thanked me for a great interview without the "bullsh*t" he usually puts up with.


Motley Crue hitting the road.
Thank god they reunited, because no one wanted to see the girl from Hole on the drums again and some no-name singer dancing around in front. Tommy Lee can't be replaced on drums. Though I will admit that Hole drummer was cute and could play. I'm sure the Crue won't be as crazy, but fans will at least get to enjoy their music once again.

Britney Spears, welcome to the trailer park.
What in the world happened to her? Not like she had much talent in the first place, but her downward spiral is like watching a car wreck in slow motion.


Kanye West leads Grammy nominations?
Wow...I can't say I know one person who owns this album. I thought Usher would be up there at the top. Sure, Kanye isn't bad, but his first video has to receive an award for most annoying hook ever. That girls voice was right up there next to a dentist's drill.

That's all for now.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, I'll miss Lennon a lot more than Pantera. But the Pantera shooting happened last night, and was on the top of my mind.

    By Blogger "Dakota", at 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google