Musical Garbage Can

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Booooooooo!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So at the halftime show during last night's College Football National Championship game, Ashlee Simpson "sang" her latest single.
Did you see this one?
When she was done she received a round of boos. That's right, they booed her through the commercial break, too.
Now, as much as I want to feel bad for her - it's gotta be embarrassing, and crush your feelings - this should only serve as a lesson to her and others.
People want to hear talent, not some cookie-cutter, manufactured garbage.
Hopefully, people will get back to the real music and ignore this horrible toxic waste.

Here's what AP reported:
NEW YORK (AP) — Ashlee Simpson's Orange Bowl halftime performance was a lemon, according to the 72,000-plus Miami crowd.
The 20-year-old singer received a discernible chorus of boos following a performance of her song "LaLa.""
You make me wanna scream," she sang before the audience jeered.
Simpson was among a trio of halftime performers Tuesday night in a game thats aw Southern California overwhelm Oklahoma 55-19. The camera cut away from her face as the booing began.


Cynder update
I found out during my interview with Ryan from Cynder last night that media outlets, outside of my own newspaper, aren't doing anything to cover the band - local media, that is.
News stations here that showed Fantasia's American Idol quest every 7-10 seconds haven't put one second of Cynder on the air.
To me, it's ridiculous. As Ryan said last night, "If we don't win this, it's because no one around here even knows about us and the show."
I'm glad I'm doing what I can to help the band out - and other local acts, when I hear about them.
Remember to vote at mtv.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google