Musical Garbage Can

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

American Idol - Top 8

Between all of the hype and complaints about Sanjaya and how wonderful Melinda and Lakisha are - though I disagree - I'm getting a little bored with "American Idol" this season.

There was talk on Howard Stern this morning about how this is one of the worst groups of singers yet, and I'm beginning to agree.

It's boring. More on that during my bottom three predictions below.

On to the comments:

Melinda Doolittle - Is this a Latin song? Do-little to make me not so bored, please. And for the love of all creatures great and small will you stop acting so freakin' surprised when someone pays you a compliment?!? Simon said she "looked older" this week. Hey, Simon, where have you been? She sings like she's 60 every week!

Lakisha Jones - I'm still distracted by her lisp. She didn't look comfortable singing this week - it looked tough for her to tone it down.

Chris Richardson - It started flat and kind of stayed that way for the majority. Overall, it was a weak performance.

Haley Scarnato - If your singing sucks, just wear less clothes. That seems to be Haley's philosophy. She was too "Broadway," cheesy and karaoke.

Phil Stacey - He still doesn't do well with low notes. He was better this week, but still finds a weird cartoon-like comical tone that makes me laugh and think, "he can't be serious."

Jordin Sparks - Nothing special, but solid vocals and a fun performance. I'd say the best female tonight and the first good performance of the night.

Blake Lewis - A strong performance vocally - best of the guys.

Sanjaya Malakar - Started out a little off-key, but actually wasn't horrible this week. It kind of fell apart in the middle. One of his better performances, but still not very good.

The bottom three: Here's my thought this week. Blake and Jordin were the only ones that stood out. As for the rest, I'd say you can boot any one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google