Musical Garbage Can

Friday, December 17, 2004

Anselmo speaks out

There's a story at the Times-Picayune about Phil Anselmo's recent video statement regarding the death of "Dimebag" Darrell Abott.

Follow the link for the whole story.

In summary Anselmo said:
"People want my reaction to what happened. This is about Dimebag Darrell, purely Darrell. It's not about me or some . . . psycho that happened to destroy the most beautiful person, one of my best friends in the world.

"This has changed the entire world, and this is the last you'll be seeing of me for a long time."

Only time will tell what happens next.

In relation to this, I interviewed Anselmo for a preview story I wrote about his latest band, Superjoint Ritual, back in May of 2003.

Regarding Pantera, here's what he said at that time:

Are you taking a hiatus from Pantera to focus on (Superjoint Ritual)?
"Absolutely. I think that's the only way you become successful at something. You have to put your whole heart into it. You can't spread yourself so thin."

We'll never know if a reunion was possible. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google