Musical Garbage Can

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

No more, after '04!

UPDATED - (10 p.m. EST 12/21/04)

On the way to work this morning, I scanned the radio and heard the latest single from Usher - you know, the one with Alicia Keys.

It's made me come to the realization that there are some phrases that have to go.

My Boo
On Usher's latest album, "Confessions," appears the previously mentioned duet entitled, "My Boo." I'm sure at one point there were lots of people referring to their significant others as "Boo."
But then Kelly Rowland and Nelly were singing it to each other. Now, we have the 2004 version of their "Dilemma," but it's simply called "My Boo."
Unless there's a ghost and it's Halloween, I hope I never hear this horrible phrase again.
Where did it come from, anyway? Was it from the Peanuts cartoon and "My sweet baboo"?
Who cares - stop saying it.

The Bar
If I hear one more person say "raise the bar" or "set the bar," I'm going to launch my television off the roof of my house.
I think Simon Cowell started the overusage, and now it's simply gotten out of hand.
Cingular wireless has started using it as their slogan - raising the bar for service.
People are doing more bar raising than an Olympic pole vaulting competition.
For 2005, people, the bar has been raised and set - Don't use this stupid phrase any more!

NEW - Over and over... and over... and over... and over
Have you heard the new Nelly song?
If you have, you won't soon forget it. Holy cow! This easily gets my vote for most annoying and repetitive song of the year.
It's a duet with Tim McGraw off of Nelly's "Suit" album. And, as the title above says, the name of the song is "Over and over."
Funny that the chorus says, "Cause it's all in my head, I think about it over and over again."
This thing has been in my mind all day, running around like a hamster on a metal wheel.
It's gonna take a solid whack from a ball pein hammer or a q-tip jabbed into my cranium to get this song out!
Even a morning talk show in the area makes fun of the song - and it's on their daily rotation!
Please, make it stop. Go back to the fun, goofy Nelly, and stay away from this piece of trash.

I'll leave it there....for now.
Feel free to share yours by leaving a comment.
Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google