Musical Garbage Can

Sunday, January 30, 2005

A big day tomorrow

At the moment, I'm currently taking a break from doing research on Warren Haynes. I've got a phone interview with him set up for tomorrow afternoon, and want to be prepared.

My questions for the guitar player, of course, will cover his playing with David Allan Coe, Gov't Mule, the Allman Brothers, Phil Lesh and Friends and the Grateful Dead, but I also want to look into his North Carolina life - how he went from the mountains of Asheville to playing with some of these legendary bands.


Let the circus begin!
Aside from my interview with Warren tomorrow, it's a big day because the circus that is the Micheal Jackson trial is set to begin.

Jackson has come out to say he'll be acquitted and the media is against him, etc.

His problem is that he lives in his own little world, called "Neverland." As in, "they'll "never" catch me." "I'll "never" admit I'm doing something wrong." "I'll "never" stop inviting kids into my bed."

As much as the charges and story are disgusting, it's also that sad. Jackson used to be the most sought after performer in the world. He had legions of fans collapsing at the very sight of him.

Sadly, the thrill is gone. Jackson still tries to put on a show for those who show up outside his trial, but we're no longer entertained. We simply sit and stare in shock that this is all happening.

A reasonable person, would still entertain the kids and open his amusement park to them, but would draw the line at the threshold of his bedroom. That's were Jackson crossed the line.

So, what happens next? Jury selection begins tomorrow for a trial that will go on until the summer or fall (at least).

We'll watch. We'll wait. We'll know that even if Jackson truly is innocent, his time has come and gone. There is little reputation left to be saved. The sad story continues tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google