Musical Garbage Can

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Another hectic day

So, for the past two days, I've been in training sessions from 9-5.

Last night, I worked on the Warren Haynes story until around midnight, and then went to bed. I spent about two hours trying to find all of Warren's albums - at least the ones where he plays on the entire album.

That's not easy...

I got home this evening at around 6 p.m., and left at 6:30 to see a lecture by the native american writer Sherman Alexie - he's one of my favorite authors.

It's now 10 p.m., and I just got home from the lecture - which was amazing - and now have to finish the Warren Haynes story.

To give you an idea of what I'm working with:

The story needs to be 1,000 to 1,200 words, plus a bio box (with information about Warren's CD's, when he was born, etc.)
- Just the quotes from Warren are about 4,000 words.
- The quotes from Warren's dad are 1,500 words.

Right now, the story is 1,100 words, but I have 1,900 words of unused quotes. So it's time to rewrite and edit and rewrite and edit.

Ah, the life of a writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google