Musical Garbage Can

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Waiting on Warren; updated

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My interview from Monday with Warren Haynes was rescheduled for Tuesday afternoon. So right now, I'm trying to gather questions and do some last minute research.

If you don't know who he is, he's a guitarist for the Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule and Phil Lesh & Friends and also toured with The Dead last year.

He's about to tour with Gov't Mule and is this week's "house band" for "Last Call with Carson Daly."

Check back this afternoon, and I'll let you know how it went.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Warren about 15 minutes ago. I talked with him for about 30 minutes, and all went well.

He's a nice guy who talked about the Dead, the Allmans and Mule as well as growing up in North Carolina. The story will be out soon, and I'll post a link when it publishes.

He was at the studio taping the appearances for Last Call - very cool of him to call in the middle of all that.

It's always great when you get a friendly person to interview. I've had my share of rough ones - but that's a story for another day.


Belew's Power Trio
I just got a new album in the mail, and can't wait to pop it in the CD player.

It's from Adrian Belew called, "Side One" and features Les Claypool on bass and Tool's Danny Carey on drums.

Belew, of King Crimson fame, has also worked with Frank Zappa, David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails among others.

Stay tuned for a review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google