Musical Garbage Can

Friday, February 11, 2005

What's next?

My Gregg Allman story has finally printed, and can be read here.

I finished writing the Warren Haynes story last night around midnight, and it will be out next week.

So, what's next?

Good question.

I pitched a preview of Vanessa Carlton, but her annoying commercial has really turned me against writing something on her. I guess that's the beauty of doing all of my music writing "on the side." I have more of a chance to pick and choose.

I will be doing a preview of The Commitments - the band from the movie of the same name. Of course, this isn't confirmed that I can get an interview, but I've gotten the go ahead from my editor.

No word on Lamb of God - it's still up in the air.

Ashlee Simpson - what are the chances she'd actually do press at this point? I think it's highly doubtful. Would make for an interesting series of questions though.

The Black Label Society is headed to our area on April 14. I've definitely got to try and get an interview with Zak Wylde. It's a pretty intimidating task - he doesn't seem like the type to be excited about an interview. But then again, I've survived Phil Anselmo and Corey Taylor.

Tift Merritt will be headed here in April as well. The Raleigh native is one of the up and coming country stars, and is also featured on the latest cover of FHM. Ought to be interesting to talk to her about it.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google