Musical Garbage Can

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Ozzfest Finale

Well, last night, the local North Carolina band Cynder was out-voted and lost the Battle for Ozzfest to A Dozen Furies.

Of course, I was disappointed. Obviously, I was rooting for the local band to win, but there's more to it than that. As a music fan, I thought Cynder was the better band.

To me, A Dozen Furies was some generic metal with a splash of the 80s thrown in. Their riffs reminded me of old Iron Maiden, and their synchronized "guitar move - head bang - guitar move - head bang" looked ridiculously silly.

I think it was easier for A Dozen Furies to build support working out of Dallas, instead of the suburbs of North Carolina. However, Cynder should take pride in how far they got.

I'm sure the exposure on the show will lead to go things for Cynder. When I spoke with the band a few days before the finale, they had already been offered opening spots on a variety of tours around the country.

So, they don't get to play Ozzfest - this year. With their talent and drive, they could easily wind up there in the future, or on something bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google