Musical Garbage Can

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Grammy thoughts; MTV2

As talk of the Grammy's is winding down, I thought I'd give my final thoughts on the subject.

1. Too much music, not enough awards. There are 107 Grammy awards, and only about 10 were shown on TV. There were more musical performances than awards presented. Isn't this an "Awards" show? I'm not saying they should show all 107, but give us 20, maybe and five good music performances. Celebrate music with collaborations. We've heard U2, we've heard John Mayer. We haven't heard Joss Stone with Melissa Etheridge. We hadn't heard Jamie Foxx with Alicia Keys.

2. Give us some insight into how these winners are chosen. I'm still trying to figure out how Jethro Tull won Best Metal Album years ago...

3. Led Zepplin and others were given Lifetime Acheivment Awards with little fanfare. Why not a Zepplin tribute, just like the Joplin one?

First thoughts on MTV2

I caught about five minutes/two videos on MTV2 this morning, and was immediately impressed. I thought I'd see the usual Destiny's Child and My Chemical Romance videos, but instead was nearly knocked out of my chair when the first video I saw was from Social Distortion. It was followed up by the White Stripes' first video.

I'll have to tune in more often and see how it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google