Musical Garbage Can

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

New release schedule

Some people may think that as a music writer, I have access to CD release schedules and get things months ahead of time.

Not true.

As much as I've tried, I've only found myself on a handful of record labels' email and snail mail lists.

Usually, I hear about new releases like many of you - by reading the Best Buy circular in the Sunday newspaper.

OR by method number 2 - going to icemagazine.com.

Their site has the greatest feature I've ever seen - a schedule of new releases (find the link on the left side).

It's only a week or two in advance, but the site lists every new release - big or small.

Allman show
I didn't make it to the Gregg Allman concert last night, but word on the street is that it was great. I'm not at all surprised.

Mule on Saturday
Not sure if I'll make it to the Gov't Mule show on Saturday. We'll see how things go on the weekend. I'd love to see it, but it's not at the ideal venue. The Millennium Center has the reputation of being extremely loud, and the fact that the building is wider than it is long makes it difficult to get a good view of anything but the back of people's heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google