Musical Garbage Can

Monday, March 21, 2005

New albums this week

Two big new releases for tomorrow that I'm looking forward to:

Ozzy Osbourne's box set and Queens of the Stone Age

I saw Ozzy in concert once, back in 88, I think it was. I remember that the openers were White Lion and Vixen - does it get better than that? haha

Anyway, Ozzy put on a great show, and I still remember parts of it today.

Surprisingly, I don't have one Ozzy album to my name. I used to have some tapes of his when I was going through my "I want to be like Randy Rhodes" phase.

Crazy, but that's how it goes....

I loved the last Queens of the Stone Age album, and may have to go pick this one up. Sure, only one guy is left from the band, or so it seems, but I've heard great things about the new album.

Jimmy Cliff
It was my plan for months to go to last night's Jimmy Cliff concert, but alas, it didn't happen.

Reason 1 - I'm still feeling the pain in my knees and ankles. I'm currently listed as a "medical mystery" by my doctor. They have no idea what's causing it. Personally, I think it could be arthritis, but all tests have been negative.

Reason 2 - I was outside doing yardwork all weekend and was pretty much exhausted by Sunday afternoon. Plus all the work kind of aggravated my knees.

I hope he comes back to the area, because I really would have loved to see him perform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google