Musical Garbage Can

Saturday, March 19, 2005

SXSW; Summer tours

The annual South-By-Southwest Music Festival is going on right now, and as usual, I'm saddened by the fact that I've never been.

I'd love to hear some first-hand comments about it, if anyone's ever been there.

The 80s are back
According to a story over at billboard.com, this summer will see some big tours by bands we thought were left in the 80s - not that it was a bad idea to leave them in the past.

Def Leppard is going to tour minor-league ballparks with Bryan Adams.

The Rock Never Stops tour will feature Cinderella, Ratt, Quiet Riot and Firehouse.

I'm pretty speechless about this second tour - and that's not a good thing.

Do people really want to go see these bands? I understand the appeal of someone like Motley Crue. However, gathering up mediocre talent and combining them on one bill seems like a silly idea to me.

Why pay $40 for one one-hit band, when you can see four in one night?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google