Musical Garbage Can

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Mash-ups and the past

Somehow, in my Best of/Worst of 2004 lists, I forgot to mention one of my favorites of the year.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jay-Z Linkin Park
Collision Course

If you're a fan of either or both of these artists - you've got to be impressed by this album.

I'm more and more impressed with the album each time I listen to it. The way the vocals of Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda fit with Jay-Z's beats. The way Jay-Z offers an unstoppable flow over the music of Linkin Park. The two go together perfectly.

I haven't watched the accompanying DVD yet, but I saw the MTV special, and enjoyed the live chemistry - though at times Jay-Z seemed a little bored.

The only disappointing thing to me is that there are only 6 tracks. The CD left me wanting more.

Hater is back
There's a story over at billboard.com about a new release from Hater. Until I saw this article, I wasn't even aware there was a Hater.

Hater is the side-project by the bassist Ben Shepherd and drummer Matt Cameron of Soundgarden.

The new album was actually recorded back in the 90s.

They're looking at an album release party in Seattle in the near future - other than that, it's up in the air.

Cameron is currently the drummer for Pearl Jam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google