Musical Garbage Can

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Anthrax returns!; Simpson interview

No kidding...

I just got a press release that says it all - Anthrax returns!

"For the first time in 13 years the entire original lineup: Joey Belladonna, Frankie Bello, Charlie Benante, Scott Ian and Danny Spitz, will gather together in one room to discuss new music releases, as well as the future plans for this monumental ANTHRAX reunion."

The band is getting together in New York City on April 1 for a press conference to discuss their future plans. (Almost makes you wonder if it's an April Fool's joke...)

I saw Anthrax once, years ago, on a bill with Primus and Public Enemy - now THAT was a great show.

I'll keep you posted on any other news I hear.


Simpson interview
I had the whopping 10-minute phone interview with Ashlee Simpson yesterday.

I will say she was actually very nice, if a little too "bubbly." And she definitely used the phrase "you know" too much, you know?

She was pretty open in her comments...the first few questions got short answers, but she eventually started rambling.

Overall, it wasn't too bad. I just hate when you get interrupted by the publicist with the words, "Jeff, you have time for one more question."

The story is scheduled to run next week, and I'll post a link here when it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google